Thursday, September 6, 2007

I Won the World Series of Poker, Lost Money and Almost Got Arrested

Well it has been a very interesting week. After last week's successful tournament run, I was excited about playing this week. On Labor Day, J and I decided to go to the club. It turned out to be closed even though they had said they would be open. Went to the cross town club and proceeded to have one of those tables that just seems off. Weird players. People playing strange, not strategic moves and more importantly, virtually every low odds play was paying off. It just did not feel right and after losing $350 in about an hour and a half, we decided to leave. When we were there, I heard them talking about how the club got raided the week before. I wondered how long before my regular club got taken.

Well it would not be long before I found out. Last night I went to play the $50+10 at the regular club. Got there about an hour early figuring that I could make a few $ before the tourney. Bought in small, $140 and about a half hour later I had doubled up and was sitting on about $275. The head of security walks into the club and and announces that we have 'visitors.' Some people bolt for the back exit, most of us just sit and wait. A minute or 2 later the police come in. Tell everyone to keep their hands on the tables and all chips out. They move the cameras to point away from the floor and go table by table telling people to get their stuff and leave. They padlock the door. We are all waiting outside and I ask a few people what the protocol is. They say that if the club opens again (they doubt it may), that they will look at the videotapes to judge approximate stacks and pay us back. If it does not open, oh well.

Oy, Atlantic City and Foxwoods are such a hike, where can one go for a decent game on the regular. These busts are getting annoying.

On another note, on MagMix Hold'Em King on my blackberry, I bested the field of 5000 to win 5 million dollars. So what if it is just a game, it is good just to be victorious!!!

Online has been going ok with being up a few hundred mainly from sit-n-go's in the last week as well. I hope that online is not the only way I will be able to play these days.

No comments: